Young people needed for a Bright Green Future.
A training programme to create a new generation of environmental leaders
We’re looking for exceptional future leaders aged 14-17 with an interest in making a real difference to reducing the impacts of climate change to take part in our one year programme starting in September 2018.
Being a part of Bright Green Future will provide the knowledge, skills and confidence to embark on a career path which could influence decisions on energy and climate change.
This exciting opportunity is open for registration now. Participants will carry out activities including:
- Training and learning – both face to face and online training sessions covering various topics on sustainability, environmental leadership and green careers
- Mentoring – from a member of staff at the Centre for Sustainable Energy
- Work placement – a work placement at a professional organisation affecting local or national energy policy such as local authorities, governmental agencies, or environmental and landscape planning bodies
- Local projects – running simple low carbon projects such as a school eco-day or green week, providing local home energy advice, energy auditing, carrying out desk based renewable energy studies, making a short film or many more
- Residential course – a four day summer school to meet other participants and take part in workshops, talks and activities
Bright Green Future is managed by the Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE), an established and respected energy charity with a huge range of experience in delivering projects that support people to reduce their energy use, providing resources to help community energy projects to develop, researching impacts of energy policy and much more. CSE staff will be on hand to support and mentor participants throughout the duration of the programme.
Bright Green Future is part of a Big Lottery funded project called Our Bright Future, aimed at empowering young people to lead progressive change in their communities and local environment. See www.ourbrightfuture.co.uk for more details.
Bright Green Future – It’s your world. Step up and be heard.
Community Energy Fortnight 2018
“Energised Communities”, and it will run from 23 June – 8 July.
The aim is to celebrate energised communities who are tenaciously generating energy, fighting fuel poverty, improving their local environment, and innovating the energy system. Communities are both a hot bed for technological innovation and a grounding force ensuring that people are kept at the heart of the energy transition.
Hydro Volunteers needed please!
Now that we have 5 micro hydro schemes up and running we’d like to get a few more volunteers involved in monitoring them for us, especially now that we’re heading into the (hopefully) rainy season. It’ll take around an hour or so of your time once every 6-9 weeks. If you feel you can help or would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch with us by email to Simon Walter: email@example.com
Our final micro hydro scheme, Cwm Saerbren was commissioned on Friday 9th February and is fully up and running!