Llangattock Green Valleys Micro Hydro (1) Co-operative Limited
We’re delighted to announce that our first micro hydro
co-operative is now fully subscribed. Thanks to all 100 of our
investors for ensuring we reached our £270,000 target.
Amount raised: £270,000
The Co-operative aims to:
• Use the £270,000 raised through the share offer to fund the development and construction costs of two micro hydro schemes – Cwm Gu, near Crickhowell, and Llwmws Farm, Hillside, Llangattock.
• Use these schemes to generate a predicted 208MWh of renewable electricity a year, reducing the community’s reliance on fossil fuels and saving nearly 108 tonnes of CO2 a year.
• Produce an estimated income of £50,000 a year through Feed-In Tariff payments and by selling surplus electricity back to the national grid.
• Pay members a projected 5% annual return and repay the share capital in full over the 20-year life of the project.
• Reinvest any surplus profit in further sustainable projects in Llangattock and the surrounding areas.
[/section] [section title=”Where we are at”]
Full feasibility studies have been completed on the Cwm Gu and Llwmws Farm schemes and legal agreements are in place with the landowners. We have received planning permission from The Brecon Beacons National Park, Powys County Council has given drainage consents and we are currently waiting on the necessary licences from Natural Resources Wales.
The Co-operative will only adopt the schemes when all necessary construction permits are granted.
[/section][/section] [section title=”Benefits”]
This project aims to:
• Support the development of local renewable energy from sustainable sources.
• Help reduce the area’s reliance on fossil fuels, contributing directly to Wales’s transition to a low-carbon economy.
• Promote more local ownership of our energy supplies
• Generate income that will be used to support further sustainable projects and to pay Members a fair return on their investment – projected 5% per annum, averaged over 20 years.[/section][/sections]